Topic: Recording Officer, Cumbria Biodiversity Data Centre
Full time, 37 hours per week
Location: Tullie House Museum, Carlisle.
Full details: http://www.cbdc.org.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/
Closing Date: Noon 22 May 2017.
CBCD is looking for someone who is fascinated by the natural world, has a thorough understanding of biological recording and is enthusiastic about the value of ecological data and evidence.
The Recording Officer role objectives are:
• To build and strengthen links with the Cumbria recording community and CBDC stakeholders
• To increase the biodiversity data available for Cumbria and its widespread use
• To develop and deliver biodiversity information products and services.
What this means in practice is:
• helping Recording group to produce Cumbrian Atlases
• delivering "Beginners guide to recording" training for wildlife volunteers
• organising the annual Cumbria Recorders Conference
• engaging University of Cumbria students in CBDC activities
• overseeing the inputting of new and historical data into Recorder6
• liaising with local and national verifiers
• talking to the public at Bioblitzes and Tullie House Nature Explorer weekends
• updating social media and CBDC's website.
If you need to know a bit more contact Deb Muscat: [email protected] /01228 618732.