Topic: Potential Priority Habitat

While testing the tool I changed an area of lowland meadow to other neutral grassland. The lowland meadow was added to the potentail priority habitat box and it insists I select one of the determination qualities as it should. However whatever I select it still insists I need to change it (it remains highlighted in red). Therefore changes cannot be made and saved.

Graham Hawker
Thames Vallley Environmental Records Centre

Re: Potential Priority Habitat

Graham

The only valid value of the Determination Quality for a Potential Priority Habitat is 'Not present but close to definition'.  Have you tried this?

But also remember, due to the quirks of the Priority Habitat and Potential Priority Habitat data grids, you need to click somewhere else on the form before the field validation is triggered.

Andy Foy
Ecologist & IT consultant
Andy Foy Consulting (ex-HBIC)

Hi Andy

I've had another look at this. Sometimes it works fine but sometimes it gets stuck. When I had the problem it wouldn't even allow the "Not present but close to the definition" option. I've just accidently clicked the down arrow to get the options and then clicked away from the box and it got stuck, the dropdown options wouldn't appear again. Just tried again and now it's not allowing me any of the options again. And then it worked fine. I can see any obvious pattern.

Graham Hawker
Thames Vallley Environmental Records Centre

Hi Graham

This sounds like the same problem as an existing known issue KI57 (see https://github.com/HabitatFramework/HLUTool/issues/2).  Currently this issue is not assigned to a future batch/release for resolution as it was not deemed a priority at the last project meeting.  So if you think it needs fixing then let me know and I'll raise it with Andrew to see if there is any spare budget to investigate it.  I have looked into it in the past but it is a very complex area of the code so it's unlikely to be a quick fix.

In the interim the only thing I can suggest is that, if you do click on any of fields for a row that is in error, then try and address all of the errors before clicking anywhere outside of the row - even if you then have to abandon any changes you did not want to make.

Andy Foy
Ecologist & IT consultant
Andy Foy Consulting (ex-HBIC)