Topic: JNCC taxon designation spreadsheet.

An updated version of the JNCC designations spreadsheet is available (as of 11/1/11). Please excuse me plugging a thread I started on the NBN forum, but it is where updates to the spreadsheet are notified to and also where everyone can point out any inaccuracies or omissions so I thought it was worth signposting over here:-
http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php?id=1736

Teresa Frost
WeBS National Organiser, BTO. NFBR Council Member.
ex-ALERC/CBDC/KMBRC

Re: JNCC taxon designation spreadsheet.

Just noticed after a long gap the spreadsheet was updated in April. Download the latest at: http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/page-3428

JNCC wrote:

The Master List has been updated and amended as follows:
  - Updated Schedules 5 and 8 of "The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981". This includes species added and removed from the schedules since 2011.

- Updated "Section 42 Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 - Species of Principal Importance in Wales". This includes species added and removed from Section 42 in the last revision in November 2012.

- Added "A Conservation Evaluation of British Lichens and Lichenicolous Fungi (2012)".

- Added a "Red List of Fungi for Great Britain: Boletaceae 2013".

- Added "A review of the scarce and threatened beetles of Great Britain 2014".

-The "Habitats Directive Annex II, IV, and V" listings have been updated to match those used as the basis for the UK's 3rd report on the Implementation of the Habitats Directive. This also includes two turtle species on Annex II that were previously incorrectly shown as only Annex IV species.

JNCC have updated all of the recommended taxon names, authorities and other attributes including taxon version keys (unique identifier codes for each taxon) to correspond with the latest release of the Natural History Museum

Teresa Frost
WeBS National Organiser, BTO. NFBR Council Member.
ex-ALERC/CBDC/KMBRC

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply

ALERC Forum → Announcements → JNCC taxon designation spreadsheet.