Topic: HLU tool userguide

Hello,
in chapter "3.6.2. Physical Merge" the left and the right part of the figure should be the other way round.
The wording "Select two or more fragments from one TOID in the GIS layer as shown in the figure Physical Merge

Re: HLU tool userguide

In chapter "6 Frequently Asked Questions" there are some minor issues:

The word "currently" is used twice:
Can I hide IHS habitats that don

I'm going to put my user guide comments here as well.

Logical split. This needs a much better explanation and some pictures. I did work it out I think but I was confused for some time.

Graham Hawker
Thames Vallley Environmental Records Centre

Page 13 Table 3.1. Not present but close to the definition has a footnote number 4 but there is no corresponding footnote I can see.

Graham Hawker

The split and merge sections of the concepts menu (I wasn't convinced this is the place for this as I was looking for these and this wasn't an obvious location) and 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 should at leat be cross refenced if not combined.

Graham Hawker

Thanks for the feedback.  All these changes have now been applied and they should be on-line already.  You may need to refresh the PDF and on-line docs in your web browser after they have loaded because an older copy can still be cached in ReadTheDocs sometimes.

Andy Foy
Ecologist & IT consultant
Andy Foy Consulting (ex-HBIC)

In chapter 3.2. and later it is described, how to re-configure the HLU tool with command line options. The installation of the HLU tool comes with a shortcut for re-configuring the HLU tool. It might be helpful, if it was explained, to which command line option the shortcut is comparable.

Wolfgang

8 (edited by GrahamHawker 04-03-2014 11:33:08)

5.5 Query builder.

This needs expansion providing some examples to help those less familar with this sort of thing. For instance in the

Graham Hawker

9 (edited by GrahamHawker 05-03-2014 14:08:59)

5.1.2. Reason/Process Section. This really does explain my confusion about splits and unchanging process and reasons. No change required to the manual. I think this way of working needs to be reconsidered in the future.

5.1.3 I know IHS is explained elsewhere but this is one case where the initialisation could be spelled out as it is still unfamiliar to many jargon.

Graham Hawker

Thanks for the feedback guys.  These latest changes have now been applied and are on-line.  You may need to refresh the PDF and on-line docs in your web browser after they have loaded because an older copy can still be cached in ReadTheDocs sometimes.

Andy Foy
Ecologist & IT consultant
Andy Foy Consulting (ex-HBIC)