Topic: New Recorder Website

Dorset Software have launched a dedicated Recorder website. It can be found here:

http://www.recordersoftware.org/

It's still early days for the site yet, but it's a good start. Perhaps most significant is the wiki, currently hosted by Charles Copp. It's linked under the "other resources" pane on the Recorder site. If anyone would like access, i.e. you have documentation, notes, experiences, hints, etc. etc. you would like to share or feel would be beneficial to the community either let me know (I'm compiling a list to send to Charles C.) or post a reply on this thread.

Charles

Re: New Recorder Website

Woo Hoo!

At Last! This is going to be really useful, I think. Still having an explore, but the potential for finding out exactly what you're looking for as opposed to trawling through the dissappointing Smartgroup search is grand.

Count me in please Charles,

Thanks now, Rob.

Rob Bradley
Edinburgh

Hi Charles,

Is this web site the result of discussions just before Christmas?

The Wiki will be very useful.

Dave,

Yes, it's the result of the discussions, although, by the looks of it, it's still in an embryonic stage. Would you like a wiki account?

Charles

charlesr wrote:

Dave,

Yes, it's the result of the discussions, although, by the looks of it, it's still in an embryonic stage. Would you like a wiki account?

Charles

Great to see the start of the site. A wiki account would be useful, thanks. Having the wiki will help the editorial content to grow. Do you know who is "editor in chief" of the site? It will be interesting to see how it grows and responds to the community. I'll be glad to see the back of the smartgroup (on technology grounds by the way!!) and hope the new site replaces the smart group at some point.

Thanks to all those involved for efforts so far!

I don't think there is an editor in chief as such, but I guess it will be moderated by Dorset/JNCC.

I've also be told a smartgroup replacement is on the cards...

When you're at the wiki you might take a look at the NFBR stuff on Charle's site. He and I have bunged all the "Accreditation" and the "Running a Local Record Centre" material on there (apart from a few chapters of the latter which I'm still working on). Pdfs of them all too, if I can work out how best to incorporate them - perhaps best uploaded to NBN website. Suggestions from wiki experts if you think I can incorporate them directly?

Darwyn Sumner

Email address on Recorder Website?

Is the domain given on the Recorder Website correct? JNCC.gov

Should this not be JNCC.gov.uk?

You're right Dave, it's wrong. I've reported it to Dorset. I assume you saw this on the new Future Developments page? In case anyone else hasn't seen this page yet, it's here:

http://www.recordersoftware.org/futuredev.htm

A sorely needed page if ever I saw one.