Topic: News on the future of Recorder

I know many of you may receive the digest from this forum but not from the NBN forum, so I thought it might be useful to make you aware of a posting on that forum about the strategy JNCC is propossing in relation to the central support and development of Recorder.

In summary, JNCC are looking to outsource the essential central support & maintenance for the system.

Charles Roper suggests John Van Breda (formerly of Dorset software - developers of Recorder; now an independent IT consultant working almost exclusively withinin the environmental sector) is likely to take over this support & maintenance role.

http://forums.nbn.org.uk/viewtopic.php? … ctivity%29

Cheers

Mark

Mark Wills
Director, ALERC
Ecological Information Officer, N&EYEDC

Re: News on the future of Recorder

Mark_York wrote:

Charles Roper suggests John Van Breda (formerly of Dorset software - developers of Recorder; now an independent IT consultant working almost exclusively withinin the environmental sector) is likely to take over this support & maintenance role.

I hasten to add that I have no inside knowledge on this matter - it is purely speculation on my part. I thought John would be the ideal candidate, though, given his background and experience.

Charles