Topic: Report Wizard: restricting by source problems

I've just been trying to use the Report Wizard's "restrict report to one or more sources" feature and it's returning dodgy results. I'm filtering on individuals / organisations, trying to prepare a report for a particular individual. When I select the individual in the "sources selection" screen, then run through the report as normal, I get no results back, even though I know records should be returned. On trying several further individuals at random, I still get no results back.

I eventually found an individual that returned some results - 966 to be exact. This recorder actually has 17,977 records in our system. What's more, I got a load of records returned that are apparently recorded by someone else; however, these other records do occur under the selected individual's surveys, though... It looks like what the Report Wizard is doing when selecting on sources > individual/organisation is using the individual/org assigned to the survey, not the survey events. According to the wording in the help file, this behaviour is incorrect: "Individuals / Organisations: Restrict the report to observations related to one or more organisations and/or individuals". What's actually happening is "Restrict the report to observations related to surveys run by one or more organisations and/or individuals".

Can anyone else confirm they're seeing this incorrect behaviour?

Charles

Re: Report Wizard: restricting by source problems

I've recorded this as a bug to fix in the next release, thanks Charles.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT

Re: Report Wizard: restricting by source problems

Excellent, thanks John.