Topic: Webservices; a generic solution for LRCs

Thanks for the responses on the previous webservices topic.

NBN have approached me to see if there is an LRC(s) who would be interested working on a generic webservices solution that could be implemented by all the the LRCs  who wanted to use it.

I think there are a number of questions to deal with first, such as

Tom Hunt - ALERC National Coordinator

Re: Webservices; a generic solution for LRCs

Tom, could you define "generic webservices solution?" I am guessing it is a product that makes use of NBN-WS that can be used by all/most LRCs?

Well, Charles, I would say that is one of the questions that needs resolving.

In one of my conversations on this subject today, someone mentioned "generic solutions".  This made me wonder about the term.  In order for it to be generic, wouldn't there have to be only one solution?  What percentage uptake constitutes generic?  A genus with only one species in is still a genus.

Anyway, I suppose it depends on what Defra think, i.e. what is their target it for the number of LRC implementing the same solution?

I will ask and get back to you.

Regards,

Here's a quote from Paula -

"...

Dear LRC,

ALERC and NBN Trust are working together to find ways of helping LRCs make the best use of NBN webservices.  One way of doing this is to encourage the development of

Thanks for all the responses to the survey.  NBN are using them to create a brief for a webservices project.  I'll provide more information here when it's available.

Regards,