Topic: Recorder improvements

I've been asked by Steve Wilkinson of JNCC to post a message asking for feedback here. They are going to be spending some money (upto 5K) in the short-term on some essential fixes and enhancements to R6. The first two of these are:

- Fixing backward compatibility with R2K import wizard (i.e CCN139 on the future devs page

- Make R6 installers compatible with SQL Server 2005

- What else?

Based on any bugs or annoyances you know of, or features you'd like added, or CCNs on the future devs page, what would you like? If you have suggestions, please put them in your order of priority.

JNCC want to move quite fast on this, so you've got until the end of the week to get your suggestions in.

Thanks,

Charles

Re: Recorder improvements

From the R6 site, the identified issues below are my priorities:

CCN104-Error reporting
CCN142-Preferred checklist searching with import wizard
CCN141-Similar to above, but in taxon dict. browser
CCN139-Associated location imports

In addition, I've already seen correspondence between Dorset & JNCC regarding the bulk-load addin, however would like this sooner rather than later. By April we will be needing to do standalone imports all over the country, with site specific map-tiles, ranging from 30-70.

Cheers now, Rob.

Rob Bradley
Edinburgh

Rob, just to clarify, CCN139 isn't anything to do with importing associated or related locations; it's simply a backward compatibility fix to make the R6 import wizard behave in the same way as the R2K import wizard when importing locations. It's quite a subtle issue, but all of our importers here have noticed it, and we've had to put all import wizard data entry on hold until its fixed. Do you literally mean you want to be able to import associated locations, or did you mean you want what's described in CCN139? If it's the former, then that's a new CCN I think.

Charles

CCN135
Report to Plain Text CSV, TSV
CCN104
CCN110

Maybe put some money into getting a bug reporting/tracking system up on the recorder website.

Cheers.

Charles, cheers for the clarification, you're correct, I did mean simple CCN139 as it stands.

One of my goals over this summer is to develop data cleaning protocols for imports in order to ultimately produce templates for future use. To this end, I

Rob Bradley
Edinburgh

I'd not spotted CCN110 before, Dave. Background reporting would indeed be a beautiful thing.

Rob: keeping locations under control is a challenge and, yes, CCN139 will make it a whole lot easier.

Charles