Topic: Recorder Web

Is anyone out there able to give me a brief overview of what 'Recorder Web' will be once its developed and when the project is likely to be realised? I believe it might be useful to a project that we are trying to set up in London but need more information about it... doesn't seem to be anything on the NBN website...

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Recorder Web

Matt,

Recorder Web is a suite of tools that will allow you to create online recording applications. Despite the name, it's actually not simply a web version of Recorder. In fact, it's not really anything to do with Recorder, although it is - I believe - designed to be NBN and Recorder compatible in order to fit within that whole framework harmoniously. It's certainly not a JNCC led project and I don't think the NBN has anything to do with it either, although I could be wrong there. It is not a pre-packaged application for the web, but rather the tools that will enable a web developer to build custom recording applications relatively easily. It should be stressed that you'll need web development expertise in order to implement Recorder Web.

Having said all this, the reason you can't find anything much about it is because it's not built yet. It's got to prototype stage, but there's a lack of funding to actually get the thing completed. You need to speak to Charles Copp if you need more info.

Charles

Re: Recorder Web

Matt,

Sam has posted some information on the proposed Recorder Web development on the new Recorder Wiki:
http://eim.metapath.org/wiki/index.php? … corder_Web.

John van Breda
Biodiverse IT