Topic: Non-native Species Rucksack for Recorder

Has anyone produced a non-native species rucksack for Recorder they wouldn't mind sharing? Unsurprisingly, the "non-native" flag in Recorder is next to useless...

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer
Greater Lincolnshire Nature Partnership

Re: Non-native Species Rucksack for Recorder

We have one that we use for Environment Agency data but it only includes species that EA want so I guess it would need expanding. The question is exactly what should be included?

Graham Hawker
Thames Vallley Environmental Records Centre

I thought the clue was in the title smile

I've been working to English Natures non-native species audit - http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwor … audit.aspx

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer

Charlie

I have one based on the Norfolk Non-native Species Initiative long list. The long list was worked up by experts at a workshop and is Norfolk focussed. I also have a report wizard saved report for the EA list if you want that.

Regards
Martin

Martin Horlock
Norfolk Biodiversity Information Service

Martin Horlock
Chair of ALERC
Senior Biodiversity Officer
Norfolk County Council

That's some list - all those sycamore records and non-native conifers etc. We only have a restricted group of invasives.

Graham

Graham Hawker
Thames Vallley Environmental Records Centre

GrahamHawker wrote:

That's some list

Yes, it is quite impressive (also includes some virus sp.). My thinking is if we restrict a non-native list to just the ones that occur in Lincolnshire, how will we pick up the new ones that come in (I'm looking at this from a data use POV rather than an audit, I guess)?

Charlie Barnes
Information Officer